6.28.2005

Of how I became the father of the goddess of light.

Welcome said the figure resting by the wall. The all seeing being will be with you shortly. And proceeded to leave the room hugging the walls walking always in shadow.
We waited for more than one hour. Martha wanted to flee the scene the minute we were left alone in that room. But Eric calmed her down with a stiff shot of vodka he carried with him in a shinny flask tucked under his belt.
Miriam and me sat on the huge couch in the middle of the room, overlooking the view from the main window. We could see the sun’s reflection on the mountains outside. I myself took some vodka from Eric’s flask.
The room itself was eerie, letting only rays of light come in trough the center window, and the rest was shadows. The unlit areas, where dancing in front of my eyes. I could discern movement on the walls, but could not tell if it was real.
There was a huge painting on the wall, behind the couch. There was a little 5 or 6 year old girl tied naked in front of a tree, with freshly opened whip scars on her back, and the blood ran down her buttocks to the grass.
There wasn’t a lamp in sight.

After the hour passed, there was a sound coming seemingly from everywhere like little bells behind the walls. The door opened and a black hood from head to floor glided into the room. We could not see his face. I could not tell if he or she was walking or floating.
It just stood there in the middle of the room without saying a word. Finally Eric mustered up the courage, and yelled at it.
Its voice was indescribable. It asked us our business there. It was Miriam who told it. We were here to resurrect the dead.
It nodded with its hood and glided away indicating us to follow. We did.

When he reached the fall wall of the room the light moved by itself and showed the entrance to a hallway. When we entered I could feel the damp walls with my fingers. Luckily there were torches on the walls to light the path. Martha kept clinging to Eric like her life depended on it. But Miriam followed calmly behind me. There were other corridors that joined the one we where on. They all had different surfaces, some had ice, others fire, others I could not tell.

At some point in the corridor, a woman appeared, also wearing a long black dress, made of the same material from the hood of the “floater”. This one acknowledged the woman, and proceeded back floating down the corridor.
The woman looked at Eric who was looking at her almost uncovered breasts, and gently pointed the way trough a door on the corridor. Eric opened it and walked in.
This room had no roof and you could see the night falling on the land, and a few stars out. It was like a courtyard, except for the graves in the middle.

She lit a candle, and sat on the grass, in the middle of the graves. There where four cushions on the ground and with a hand gesture invited us to take a seat in a circle around the candle.
We explained that we wanted to resurrect the goddess of light.
Warnings where in order, and given to each of us. Consequences explained, the document signed and all agreed, we proceeded to do just that.

The next morning I awoke with pain in my gut. The room was spinning and I needed a smoke. I heard Martha’s voice coming from down stairs calling all to breakfast. So I put on some pants and a shirt and
headed down.
When I got there coffee and eggs where waiting for me on the table.
Martha looked at me and realized I couldn’t remember anything about last night. She told me she had a surprise for me hugging Eric by the table. And Eric commented on the warning indicating I could loose all memory of last night’s events.
The surprise was Miriam walking into the kitchen nine months pregnant and saying this had all happened in the last six hours. She should be in full term in the next few minutes.
“One goddess of light coming up”.

The child if you could call it that, possessed seeable Inner Light. It glowed. We needed glasses to check it was effectively a girl. Immediately speaking it called Miriam “mama”, and me “dada”.

No comments: