6.28.2005

Complete acceptance of reality.

It’s pretty hard.
But in honor of the wonderful tradition left by John Lennon I state: It’s easy if you try.

And interestingly enough; it is the source of love in me.

This is how I fall in love:
Complete acceptance of reality.
I accept completely the person in front of me. With all their flaws, and shortcomings. With all their light and darkness, with all their range of expression and feelings, or lack there of.
In fact, it doesn’t have to be a person. It works with paintings, views, landscapes, vehicles, situations, processes etc.

Everything and anything or anyone.

Here is the mental exercise:
I look, I hear, I feel, and then repeat to myself one hundred thousand times: This is O.K., this is normal, and this is how it should be.

And here’s the kicker:
Incomplete acceptance of reality creates in me fear. If I don’t completely accept reality’s existence I feel afraid.

Having tasted them both, I choose love. It’s just nicer.

2 comments:

Barbara Gentry said...

That's just beautiful.

anyanka said...

It is indeed.

That is real love. Accepting the other (person or thing) and even adoring their flaws, how human they can really be. Exactly.